List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Noatun - fix or throw it out
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-19 9:25:38

Charles Samuels wrote:

> Have you used noatun, by any chance on a release?
Yes. 2.1.1 SuSE packages, using SuSE here.

 Well _DUH_ it's going to
> be busted, all the playing code has probably changed %200 on the aRts side (I
> thought I physically toasted by sound card until I heard from the breaker of
> the code (Nikolas Zimmermann :) told me it was busted.
No problem. If you're relying on arts that much, it's a matter of
organizing the work between the changes on arts and noatun. If I break
anything in kdelibs formerly, I had to update the applications using it
as well - and in those cases there were literally almost always a dozen
apps to fix, not just one.

> o Here's a number of things you can do to make it more stable: use the
> beta-quality kdemultimedia/mpg123_artsplugin thingy instead of
> mpeglib_artsplug (uninstall the latter :)
>
> o Revert kdelibs/arts and all of kdemultimedia to either a very early post
> 2.1.2, or an actual 2.1.2 version
I will try this.

> o Fix it yourself, DUH, what kind of coder are you? :)
Don't get ridiculous :-) You know that I'm catching up things on
literally almost all edges, but I'm *not* paid, neglegting my studies
more than I can afford towards my parents who are giving me money for my
studies and spending up to 10 hours and more a day on KDE. If you can
compete with this, I guess that noatun would be the best media player
around and I wouldn't get bashed on shows. And I don't think this
special crash I have on the playlists that I gave a bt last night to
Number1 and someone else involved wanting to look at it is the real big
thing. There's a buglist as well, you know, and even on IRC there are a
lot of people complaining about bugs.

Just my 2c. You know I don't want to make things personal and let's keep
it this way. It's that we have to increase the quality and I beg you to
fix things up for KDE 2.2. *PLEASE*.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org