List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New UI for Pixie (I give up ;-)
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-16 15:21:18

Screw the 21st century, we'll have 3D holographic user interfaces and I'll
still be coding for it in vi ;-) Seriously, I think the XV style interface is
better but not enough people even remember XV or know of display so they
don't know how to use it. They just want everything crammed into one big
window... That's okay, because with KDockWidget I can still drag the image
window out of Pixie and make it toplevel :)

One question for all you Windows users: What does ACDSee do when you want to
see an image full sized? There has to be a way to see it in a new window.
It's impossible to edit pictures when it's scaled down so much, you can't get
an accurate selection rectangle. Does it use a separate dialog for all
editing and seeing the thing full sized?

My solution right now is if you drag the image window outside of Pixie it
goes full sized, then you can edit it from the menus.

...bah...