List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Wheel Emulation and two wheel mices
From:       Antonio Larrosa =?iso-8859-1?q?Jim=E9nez?= <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-16 0:27:56

El Lun 14 May 2001 10:00, Matthias Ettrich escribió:
> On Friday 11 May 2001 19:57, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've send this mail to Keith Packard and qt-bugs@trolltech.com. After
> > waiting some days with no response (not even the automatic response from
> > trolltech) I sent it again. Again, no response at all.
>
> Sorrry for that, that shouldn't have happend. Just for your information: Qt

No problem, Bradley already replied to me privately.
Now I only need a response from the XFree86 team :)

> 3 contains an extended wheel event with an orientation.

Oh,

> Just browsing through your patch I see we two did exactly the same - isn't
> it a lovely and self-developing toolkit :)

Cool :)

I'm having a look at the latest snapshot. It seems that the orientation is
there, but it's not set competely correctly.
Now, you just check for the Alt key to be pressed and then consider that it's
a horizontal event.
That way, you're not supporting two wheel mice (nor the two wheels emulation,
which, btw, didn't get a response from the XFree team yet)
check with Bradley to see what it's used like. If there are buttons for
horizontal events like there are for vertical ones, they should be taken in
mind (IMHO) when checking for Button4 and Button5 (so taking 6 and 7 for the
horizontal ones and maybe leaving the Alt key as a modifier too for users who
have one wheel and don't want to use the emulation)

Btw, sorry for using Direction through my patch, I forgot Qt::Orientation
existed (in fact, I looked for Qt::Direction and was surprised because it
didn't exist :) )

Do you (or Bradley) want another patch (against the latest snapshot) ? or
will you take care of it ?

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez