List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Default KDE address book
From:       Lars Knoll <lars () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-05-11 16:50:49

I can only agree. The tradtional kmail address book is a pain to use and
should have been faded out before KDE-2. The KAB frontend is better, but
still far behind abbrower IMO. abbrowser offers everything you need for an
adressbook application is easy to use and integrates well into kmail. We
should really make it the default for KDE-2.2 and get rid of the other
variants.

It is IMO _very_ important, that the default settings of applications (even
if they still offer other alternatives) point to the implementation of a
certain feature (in this case an addressbook), that provides the best
solution for the problem, and not default to some mostly useless
implementation.

Cheers,
Lars