List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: new K icon.
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-09 19:51:30

On Wednesday 09 May 2001 21:41, Thomas Zander wrote:
> In the start menu a new K icon has been presented in my recompile from last
> night.
> It contains the work "go!" and an arrow upwards on the left side of the
> icon.

The commit has already been reverted for several reasons.

> Besides that this invites clicking in my minicli which seems unapropriate I
> would like to remind the creator that an arrow up is not really logical for
> people who have the taskbar not at the bottom of the screen.

It was a preliminary commit. Remember: CVS is a playground sometimes
which contains material that might not be finished when being commited
the first time.

> And my personal opinion is to not use any text in icons at all, an opinion
> which the i18n thread we just had would seem to support.

Well -- we'll discuss this later. For now the feature has been delayed,
the pic has been reverted and it won't appear in the next beta at least ..

Greetings,
Tackat