List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: OT: Re: i18n of icons
From:       Kim Enkovaara <kenkovaa () cc ! hut ! fi>
Date:       2001-05-09 5:39:11

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> You'd better do because these nonsense names were introduced by the
> programmers and not by the translators. There's much stuff to be coded
> but when it's coming to texts the translators will fall over that anyway
> so they know which thing is really nonsense usually and should bug the
> programmer actually to correct this.

There are quite many program names etc. that are tied to some cultural or
language context. The program name might be some nifty wordgame in
english/french/german but untranslatable in other languages and the user
won't have a clue what the program name means if it is left as it is.

I think the program names shouldn't be too clever.