List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesktop wait cursor
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-08 15:10:47

> I don't like this at all. There must be a better way to make it clear to
> the user that the application is starting up. How about a kind of titlebar
> with the name of the started application which will appear when you clicked
> the button. After a short period this titlebar then 'docks' into the

Ok, this titlebar would popup preferably at the point where the mousepointer
is located, right? The only disadvantage i see is that the titlebar wastes
more space and could look like the application is "hanging" or segfaulted.
A minimizing-animation might be nice but could confuse the user by making him
think that something is being minimized.
If it should work that way then the titlebar should pop up where the titlebar
of the application will appear later and then later it should look as if the
application was "shaded" like a louver out of the tiltebar. that might make
sense and wouldn't be too misleading.

> taskbar (like the animation when you minimize a window). This will attract
> the users attention.

Sure, but what is the advantage of this way? Or is it just an attempt to
make it look different for the sake of being different?

Greetings,
Tackat