List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesktop wait cursor
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-08 13:43:17

Lubos Lunak wrote:

> > Still gnome can do it (they have an application which makes it possible
> > to choose between three ways to indicate the launch of an application.
>
>  Stupid me. It's easy, they must be simply creating a new borderless window
> containing only a look-like-busycursor pixmap. But as I said, this changes
> the cursor for everything.

Please do that, if possible this week so it can go with the new beta if
it works. This *is* crucial and the preferred way is to have a combined
cursor that contains a pointer and an hourglass, then it doesn't block
the application in the background with a complete hourglass cursor and
the user can still click and work even if the new app is starting.
Please also don't forget one cursor for the "big cursor" feature for the
visually impaired people, but that can wait one week more if it's not
done in this week :-)

Also, I'm on a Linux@work business expo in Frankfurt next week and the
KDE booth by Tobias Anton and me is the only free project in this expo
where only companies are present. This would make it easier to accept by
business people who are in fact only users :-) So I would appreciate
this feature *very* much.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org