List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    cdrom autorun icons
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-08 11:58:48

Hi,

I just noticed that the CD we got at the Linxtag in Braunschweig this
weekend has this usual windows autorun icon feature. I think we could
easily make use of that as the only rule is to read the autorun.inf file
for the key icon= in the group [autorun]. Then we can set the CDrom icon
as long as the cd is mounted. I'd also vote to change the icon in the
dirtree of konqueror, even for the mapping of default device icons into
the tree. That would give the user a visible recognition of the device
mapping into the root directory.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org