List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Another binary compatibility question
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-07 18:26:53

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 01:12:54PM -0500, mosfet wrote:
> Erm, can you tell me when it may or may not be called? It's pretty
> useless if I can add it and it won't be called ;-)
>
> Specifically, I'm adding extended color schemes to CVS (adds a bunch of
> new configurable colors including scrollbar items, toolbars, menubars,
> comboboxes, etc...), but I need to reimplement these methods in KStyle
> in order to set widget specific palettes:
>
> virtual void polish ( QWidget * )
> virtual void unPolish ( QWidget * )
> virtual void polish ( QApplication * )
> virtual void unPolish ( QApplication * )
> virtual void polish ( QPalette & )

Newly reimplemented virtual methods will not be called by inheritted
classes. (if KFooStyle (derived from KStyle) reimplements polish() and calls
KStyle::polish then this it will be resolved to QStyle::polish at compile
time when KStyle does not reimplement polish. Adding a reimplementation
afterwards will make KFooStyle still call QStyle::polish instead of your
new reimplementation.

Bye,
 Simon