Is there already a standard how to determine the distribution and distribution version? In the same line is there a standard to determine which desktop environment is run by the user. I assume this info is needed for the tools that make up the API, isn't it? On Saturday 5 May 2001 20:40, Charles Samuels wrote: > > I wish there was a way for KDE to configure the system. But for me > > the best way to do that would be to help distributors / unixes > > unify the system configuration in the first place. > > I bet it's a nightmare, because the distributors like to go out of their > way at making our job difficult. It's simple though, if they don't support > this config tool, their loss, and their disadvantage, because they'll be > the ones losing out on a nice config tool, not to mention customers and > market share. > > I'm doing this for the users that are lucky enough to use a sensible > distro, or a distro that I use. -- Richard Bos For those who have no (/)home the journey is endless