List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: theKompany widgets in KOffice
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2001-05-01 19:01:17

Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 May 2001 19:17, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> > > But these companies also have other sources of income...
> >
> > It's not a task of the KDE project to provide companies with income.
>
> I agree. But helping a little at no expense can go a long way :-).

Sure, it's not KDE's responsibility to ensure companies make an income.
OTOH, companies can contribute a lot of valuable things to KDE -- where
would KDE be now if not for support by companies (and universities :-)
)?

Not that I think ACL has anything to do with supporting companies, but
personally I think the dot is a great place to acknowledge contributions
to KDE by anyone (company or individual) that might be of interest to
KDE users/developers.  The fact that some other companies are not very
good, currently, at advertising their contributions to KDE is hopefully
something that will be rectified.

I hope both companies and individuals will notify the dot editors when
they contribute something interesting to KDE!  No reason to keep these
things secret -- share with the world on the dot!

Ciao,

Dre