List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-05-01 17:20:39

At 11:49 AM 5/1/2001, you wrote:
> > Hmm, it seemn Tuesday 01 May 2001 18:17, David Faure wrote:
>s "fillcolor" and "pencolor" aren't even used at all.
> > Where's the problem EXACTLY ?
>
>the problem is that those icons were copyrighted by Microsoft.
>I probably repeat myself but I _don't_ want to see _any_
>MS-Windows artwork in CVS.
>Apart from the legal issues I'm not very keen on making KDE look more like
>Windows than it needs to.

Another good reason to have talked to us.  We have all the icons, but they
didn't get put in due to people forgetting.  Max had used some MS icons as
place holders and then forgot (our mistake), he is putting in the new icons
and fixing a couple of other things now.

>They have been replaced by icons with a different name.

I'm not sure how this affects what we were going to do.  We'll update our
icons and go from there.

>Also werner wanted
>to do some changes to make the colorselector look like this:
>
>  http://master.kde.org/~tackat/colorbutton.png
>
>(fake-screenshot with konqueror as a dummy-application)
>
>Shawn: btw: The kugar-icon is very well-designed and it looks beautiful.
>But it looks like a mimetype-icon. Could you tell your artist too remove the
>generic mimetype-paper behind that footstep (and make the footstep
>therefore larger) or to replace it by a non-mimetype-like-paper
>(as in the kword-icon). I consider the icon which is currently chosen
>a usability-bug. Thanks in advance.

ok - I don't understand any of that :), but I will forward the information
to the artist and get you an update.

>Greetings,
>Tackat

Regards,