List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ACLs in Kivio
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-05-01 17:14:29

> keeping in mind that I spent 17 years doing software security (among other
> things), the first reaction to a problem is "lock it down".  I don't care
> so much about ACL as doing my best to avoid wasted time on silly problems.

good point, you don't want to waste time fixing other people's 'fixes'.

I'm not going to argue that CVS/KDE is an open thing, meaning everyone can
fix everything.

The thing I want to say here is that in koffice and kde the responsebility
lies at the individual developer at all times.
Problem is that that a developer made a mistake, and it should be fixed. We
can all help here, we will get this problem solved in a little time as
possible.

Therefor 'closing it down' is not the answer because it is not your problem
alone.

I hope no people feel hurt after this episode, let us get on with what we do
best; hacking.

--
Thomas