List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: theKompany widgets in KOffice
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2001-05-01 16:04:47

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 17:40, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> Here is the other reason it need to be discussed.  I believe it was
> Guillame that approached us some months ago about adding our color widget
> to the KDE libraries.  At the time I said "sure", but I want to get some PR
> out of it.  For whatever reason nothing was ever done until last week.  The
> point being that we still want to get some PR out of it even though it is
> now after the fact.  We live by the PR we can generate and the site traffic
> that we can draw, so we would like to put something together on our site,
> the Koffice site and send it to linuxtoday, and it would be nice if dot
> said something too, about KOffice adopting whatever controls it is that you
> all wanted and why this is a good thing.

I understand that PR is important for you. However TheKompany already gets
more PR on our news site than any other contributing company like Caldera,
SuSE or Mandrake. All of which pay developers to work on KDE. So there are
two solutions to this problem. Either stop PR postings all together or give
all companies involved the same amount of PR. As the dot is an independent
news site and not a PR relay I vote for the first solution.

Greetings,
Matthias