On Tuesday 01 May 2001 16:14, Guillaume Laurent wrote: > On Tuesday 01 May 2001 18:08, David Faure wrote: > > > Prove me that the move broke stability. The classes are somewhere else. So > > ? BTW, the customers aren't using the CVS version. When the 2 missing icons > > are re-added it should work as before. > > OK, not stability, but at least the build, from what I can read. I have no > problem understanding Shawn being nervous about this. And the build problem was fixed a few hours later. > > > If I jump in KOffice cvs and start moving files around and make you lose > > > hours or even days before you recover, I don't think you would appreciate > > > it one bit, even if the change is perfeclty justified from a programming > > > standpoint. Even less if your app was stable at that point. > > > > Why does this make anyone lose hours or days ??????????? > > Because statistics says that I have a fair chance of making a mistake, and > other developers might miss the change if they don't update the right > directory or anything. There are hundreds of possible causes. Yes, I think the problem here is simply that whoever thought we deleted things simply didn't update koffice/lib. Yeah, let's stop any development right now, it might break the build for someone ! -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today