Am Dienstag 01 Mai 2001 16:45 schrieb Shawn Gordon: > > > if they were actually there > > > >I see textcolor there but not pencolor and fillcolor indeed. > >I guess he forgot to cvs add them. Laurent? > >This happens all the time with cvs, BTW :) > > which is another argument for ACL it seems > not neccesarly... > > > >Sorry, I really don't see where's the problem. A set of GPL widgets > >was moved in a common place so that other apps could use them. > >What extra work ? The stuff has been moved, it still works in kivio, > >and this makes it possible to use the same widgets in kword, kspread etc. > >This improves consistency in KOffice, and thus was a good move. > > > >"outrageous" ? Give me a break. > >If you don't want other koffice apps to use those widgets, then kivio > >isn't GPL. > > What is outrageous is that a major surgery job was done on Kivio without > any discussion whatsoever with us, and things were broken in the > process. What is outrageous is this was done on the day of the beta > release. The idea on a beta is do to bug fixes, not wholesale changes to > the code, and it doesn't all work in Kivio now, that is the point. Maybe > if someone had said "Hey Shawn, it would be cool to have this and this from > Kivio for all of Koffice, will you slice it out for us and stick it here" > that would have been a better way to go. I don't recall even seeing a > discussion on it, but I'm not on koffice-devel, I only read the summaries, > so maybe I missed it. > > Again, I thought project maintainers had a little more contact with their > projects, at least this is what we were assured when we put Kivio in > Koffice, and was why we ultimately agreed to do it. > I'd suggest to work like konqueror hackers do on kfm-devel: 1.) koffice-devel should be the communcation platform 2.) All major pachtes / design proposals should be discussed there 3.) Project owner should double check commits anyway 4.) Non-KOffice developers should _generally_ post the patches This filters out / prevents 90% of bogus commits within the first days after commit. I think this is a quite good relation considering the fact that everyone can contribute w/o the need of ACL's. Dunno how it works ATM but it sounds that this is what you want :) What do you think? PS: Are theKompany Developers on currently on koffice-devel? -- KDE 2.1 - Conquer your Desktop! http://www.kde.org