List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Linux Expo at Milan
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-29 16:45:57

Torsten Rahn wrote:

> On Sunday 29 April 2001 12:40, Andrea Rizzi wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I see the conferences program of Milan Linux Expo, I see there is 1 speech
> > about KDE of Federico Lucifredi (who is ?) and no other KDE related things
> > (expo, tutorial etc)
> > I think this is not a good thing because here in italy many people are
> > badly informed about KDE and they think it is a commercial product or other
> > strange things that the linux italian community said in the last years
> > about KDE.
>
> Hey Ralf -- what about holidays in Italy ;^)
Sounds nice, especially in Italy. I missed the chance to go to Rome last
year with our catholic shooting club for the holy year which was a shame
so I could go to Rome this time :-)

No, seriously we should consider organizing us much more for expos.
These require local KDE communities representing KDE there. I could
"aquire" some germans next to Stuttgart for next year's Multi Media
Market in Stuttgart we can't be at this year due to a lack of resources
as it's simply overlapping with the LinuxTag in Braunschweig next week
and although posting here, noone volunteered for the MMM.

Please try to organize little groups in your countries that live closeby
event locations. This cuts down the costs for everyone and has the
maximum effect as you're the native speakers then. If you need some help
or info how Tackat and I are doing this here in germany to get an idea,
feel free to write to us.

Ralf

--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org