List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: IOSlaves within IOSlaves?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-27 17:00:22

On Friday 27 April 2001 10:00, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> It seems that it's not possible to use another io-slave within an
> io-slave.  I tried using 'listDir' and 'get' within an io-slave and it
> immediately seg-faults.  Is this a design decision that I missed?  Or
> something else?

To use an IO-slave you need to have a Q/KApplication. io-slaves usually do
not have that. IO-slaves typically handle stuff serialized, while with a
Q/KApplication you tend to work event-oriented. So basing your io-slave on a
Q/KApplication will most likely make things rather complicated.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com