List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KURLRequester problem
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-04-23 11:27:30

David Faure wrote:

> On Monday 23 April 2001 09:39, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In my application I used to have a KURLRequester object for the user
> > to enter a file path. However, the file doesn't have to exist. The
> > KURLRequester is handy because it provides auto-completion when typing
> > directories.
> > The problem now is that the file name is stripped from the path if the
> > file doesn't exist. I think this is due to recent changes in that class.
> > Is there a solution, or is the KURLRequester only useful for existing
> > files ?
>
> You can change the mode of the underlying file dialog, using
> myURLRequester->fileDialog()->setMode( ... )

This changes the mode only for the file dialog. I already did it, but
it doesn't change anything. If you look into
kdelibs/kdeprint/management/kmwfile.cpp, you'll see how I use it. I set the
file dialog mode to "File|LocalOnly", without "ExistingOnly", and the dialog
works OK. But if you have a look at the recent changes to kurlrequester.cpp,
you'll see that the way how the url is retrieve from the KURLRequester object
has been changed: there's now a try to auto-complete the edit string. For
example if I have "/tmp/print.ps" in the edit line, and this file doesn't
exist, then a call to KURLRequester::url() gives me "/tmp/", which is not
what I want.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM