List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [ltp] * * * WARNING * * * Red Hat 7.1 - seawolf * * * WARNING * * *
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-21 15:39:01

On Saturday 21 April 2001 07:21, Chris Schlaeger wrote:

> Do you have any real information about this? We have sensors 2.5.0
> installed on TP600E, TP600X, TP20, TP21 and A20. All without
> problems. You cannot read the processor temperature or the fan speed,
> but it does not have any negative influence on the operations of these
> IBM laptops. So please provide more details to support your claims.

   The best place for info is linux-thinkpad. As of right now not much is
known.  Apparently IBM is trying to get information to work on the problem,
and the lm_sensors guys are aware of the problem too.  They don't have a
thinkpad and no thinkpad owner that I know of is willing to risk trying to
figure out what's wrong.  The lm_sensors guys suspect it's the piix4 driver
causing the problems.  THat's all I know.

--

George Staikos