List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Alpha blending with XRender prototype
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-04-12 23:42:33

Hi all,

I've got a first hack of alpha blending with the render extension working.
Using Render means that the blending can be hardware accelerated, so
ultimately I think this should replace the current client side blending we
use for icons etc. for now though, this is just a prototype. It will not be
ready for the 2.2 alpha. You can grab the example sources from
http://www.ipso-facto.demon.co.uk/development/render/ I've also put a couple
of screenshots there. To comppile the example extract it below into a
standard KDE app template (because I didn't include the configure scripts etc
just the Makefile.am).

Cheers

Rich.