List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    help needed with KIconLoader and icon themes and stuff
From:       Alexander Neundorf <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2001-04-10 16:15:23

Hi,

after digging around in the xml gui stuff for days I recognized that all the
time is spent in KIconLoader::loadIcon(). (0.5 of 0.8 seconds from
KXMLGUIFactory::buildRecursive() )
Using debug output I found that many icons are loaded once with size 16 and
once with size 22, and pixmaps are created on startup for "normal" and for
"transparent" mode. I think this is not necessary and could be done on demand.
But since this stuff seems to be quite complex I need some help. Additionally
icons are searched in a lot of directories, are they all needed ?

Bye
Alex