List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Proposal: Moving the "Information" module from the control panel
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-09 23:38:46

Hi,

It seems that I am in the mood to propose things today :)  Anyways,  I wanted to float the idea
of moving out the whole information section in the control panel into its own dialog box that I
discussed on IRC with David.  The reasoin I suggested this was that IMHO the control panel is
usually associated with a place where one makes modifications and changes to affect/control
behavior of desktop and related application.  Though the information tab might provide information
necessary in accomplishing that under some circumstances, it is not an essential aspect to make
such changes.

My idea hence is to move the information module into its own application, something like ksysinfo
and place it under Utilities (K->Utilities->System Information).  This can then be used to relay as
much information about the system as desired.

Ideas, objections, suggestions, volunteers :) are all welcome...

Regards,
Dawit A.