List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Proposal: Moving the "Information" module from the control panel
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-09 23:38:46

Hi,

It seems that I am in the mood to propose things today :)  Anyways,  I \
wanted to float the idea of moving out the whole information section in the \
control panel into its own dialog box that I discussed on IRC with David.  \
The reasoin I suggested this was that IMHO the control panel is usually \
associated with a place where one makes modifications and changes to \
affect/control behavior of desktop and related application.  Though the \
information tab might provide information necessary in accomplishing that \
under some circumstances, it is not an essential aspect to make such \
changes.

My idea hence is to move the information module into its own application, \
something like ksysinfo and place it under Utilities (K->Utilities->System \
Information).  This can then be used to relay as much information about the \
system as desired.

Ideas, objections, suggestions, volunteers :) are all welcome...

Regards,
Dawit A.