List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: External actions proposal
From:       Martin Konold <konold () suse ! de>
Date:       2001-04-09 22:31:23

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> What about adding actions to the XML file that refer to a script? I don't
> like the "contact this repository" part, cause that adds startup delay.

I think this is a VERY valid point. IMHO it looks to me like all the other
configuration/customization issues.
We currently prefer to store this information in local files and even use
ksycoca in order to speed things up.
Putting such a "remote" feature in is not worth the startup delays.

Yours,
--martin