List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: External actions proposal
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () conectiva ! com ! ar>
Date:       2001-04-09 22:12:08

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Monday 09 April 2001 14:43, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > So, I feel there is a need to take DCOP to the next level.
>
> Yes, I agree.
>
> > Now, imagine that before building the UI from the XML files, you contact
> > this repository, and get a list of actions, each action being a call to
> > one such script.
>
> What about adding actions to the XML file that refer to a script? I don't
> like the "contact this repository" part, cause that adds startup delay.

Yes, that's the idea. The repository is a local thing, I know I made it
sound like an internet thing :-)

> > This lets writing proof-of-concept features simpler, and they later can be
> > incorporated in the app.
>
> Yes.
>
> > This, really, doesn't seem all that hard to do, and I'm volunteering ;-)
>
> Ohhh thats the good part.
>
> > Of course before doing it, I want to hear any feedback you may have.
> > For example, I don't really know how long this may take. To what version
> > of KDE should I aim? 2.2? 2.3? 3.0 ;-)
>
> 2.2 sounds fine. Or 2.3 if you need more time. I don't think this requires
> any drastic changes, so no need to wait for 3.0

Cool. I intend to take a notebook to my parents' on easter, so I have some
96 hours to work at leisure :-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@conectiva.com.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Director técnico
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Conectiva SA
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)