List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KDE 2.2alpha1 planned for this week!
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-09 19:09:16

Hiya,

For this week KDE 2.2alpha1 is planned to happen. For that to be successfull
I would like to ask everyone to make sure that KDE compiles on all platforms.
You might also want to fix those few big bugs you know about :-)

Most importantly, please  _NO NEW CODE_ this week. Code added just before a
release tends to cause a lot of problems. If you have any major changes or
new features pending, please wait till next week.

I would like to get some feedback from the translation teams whether
i18n-packages should be included with this alpha release.

If everything goes well, we will have 2.2alpha1 available as tarball on our
ftp-site this friday. Binary packages are then expected to appear during next
week.

In related news: We are also looking for someone who wants to make binary
RPMS for RedHat based systems.

Cheers,
Waldo
--