List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: and another one..
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-04-01 22:27:03

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 03:23:33PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Since it only affects ksasl, fine with me. (? what is that anyway?)

It's a way of defining generic authentication methods.

In an ideal world it should be easy to make it compatible with HTTP as
well, but for now the SMTP, POP and IMAP specifications have been included
to define SASL support, meaning a common layer can be shared between them.
Check out Cyrus's SASL library (I like mine better, since it's better
suited to KDE).

- alex