List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Potential problems for developers (LONG) ignore if you are happy with the status quo
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ob6 () inf ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2001-03-31 17:24:54

> > shut down the daughters session and try to run konqueror which in my best
> > estimation of debugging causes and almost infinite kdeinit klauncher (fork
> > bomb) type of error i.e trying a ps ax and I get a screenfull (> 25)
> > instances of kdeinit klauncher processes that run amok.
>
> well, that doesn't help much. it has been reported before, but unless we
> know whats going on, there is no way to fix it. please try to make it
> reproduceable and give us the debug output.

it's actually trivial to reproduce:
start a tty login for another user, so you don't nuke your session ...
paste this into the shell:
startx -e kde2 -- :1 vt8 >/dev/null 2>&1 & \
startx -e kde2 -- :2 vt9 >/dev/null 2>&1 & \
sleep 5 \
ps x

have fun! :]

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.