On Friday 30 March 2001 19:23, Keith Packard wrote: > On Monday 12 February 2001 18:22, Matthias Elter wrote: > > If I set the background-pixmap attribute of a window to ParentRelative > > (no matter directly or by using > > QWidget::setBackgroundMode(X11ParentRelative) I would expect X to send me > > Exposure events in case the windows position relative to the parent > > changes. But it does not?! > > X doesn't send expose events in this case. If you reconfigure the window > you can call XClearArea to get it repainted. If someone else reconfigures > the window, you can catch the ConfigureNotify event and then call > XClearArea. Hmm.... I thought I'd tested that and _got_ exposures some time ago.... weird. Maybe that was simply because the window also changed size (not just position) and Qt issued an XClearArea on ConfigureNotify. Matthias