List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: New QT tear-off menus
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-03-29 17:32:55

> > I don't see this feature as central. The configure key dialog will still
> > be the better choice for action based applications, but for kicker e.g.
> > it makes sense to have such a short cut - if it would work :)
>
> As long as everything _would_ work without clashes I'd
> like to have this feature in addition of course. Right now it
> doesn't work though.

Solving clashes is severe, indeed. What should it do? Simply override the
previous one? I guess so.

The fact that settings are not saved is IMO a feature. Those on-the-fly
keybindings are not meant to be stored, they are temporary. Users shouldn't
be able to destroy their application settings forever with it.

In special applications, such as kicker, we might do the saving. Kicker has
to do something special  anyway: whenever the menu closes, it has to take
those shortcuts and turn them into KGlobalAccels.

Matthias