List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Part loading where mimetype won't work and KIO filters.
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-29 16:12:40

On Thursday 29 March 2001 17:04, Michael Jarrett wrote:
> David Faure wrote:

> > > Should I add this sort of functionality to ark:
> > > Make an action for various archives that will offer an "Extract to
> > > Folder" option, which would pop up ark, and give you the extract dialog
> > > with the correct folder and settings by default, then close after that
> > > dialog closes?
> >
> > That would certainly be great !
>
> Perhaps u know what I'm doing wrong here.
>
> I figure by just going Actions=extract; in ark.desktop then making a
> [Desktop Action extract] section that the entries would appear on the
> konqeror menu.
> It seems this is not the case, or at least it doesn't work for me...

No, this has to be a separate .desktop file, to be installed under
share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/, see the SERVICEMENUS text file in libkonq.

The [Desktop Action ...] stuff from the spec is supported for .desktop
files only, i.e. when actually right-clicking a .desktop file.

Arguably this is a bug and what you're trying should work, though.
It's just that currently KDEDesktopMimeType::userDefinedServices
is only called for .desktop files and for the servicemenus.
Otherwise.... hmm, we'd need to query ksycoca for all apps
associated with a given mimetype, and gather the [Desktop Action] services
from there. Not too hard, just not done currently.