List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Part loading where mimetype won't work and KIO filters.
From:       Michael Jarrett <yoamwmvs () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2001-03-29 14:24:49

David Faure wrote:

> On Thursday 29 March 2001 00:49, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 March 2001 00:03, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > > Perhaps the RMB menu could have extra items, so that if you copy
> > > a .wav file, you get 'Copy Here/Copy here as Vorbis/Copy here as
> > > MP3/Move/Link' ?
> >
> > Hmmm? Isn't that already possible?
> >
> > At least that explains why KDE doesn't have that  incredibly easy 'unzip to
> > folder' thing for e.g. tar files that WinZip, WinRar and friends have ;-)
>
> You could add that very easily. Using a NoDisplay app bound to the mimetype,
> or even better, using a service-menu entry (see kdebase/libkonq/SERVICEMENUS).

Should I add this sort of functionality to ark:
Make an action for various archives that will offer an "Extract to
Folder" option, which would pop up ark, and give you the extract dialog
with the correct folder and settings by default, then close after that
dialog closes?

Michael Jarrett
michaelj@corel.com
--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail