Stephan Kulow wrote: > But cvs commit became almost unbearable slower. The snapshot generation > takes now 5 hours longer since your ACL change. It commits each .desktop > file and each .po file one by one to reduce locks and conflicts. But as > every commit takes now quite some time (check it yourself, commit some > small files, one by one) I can't reproduce this in local tests. I setup a local CVS repository and created a module with 500 files. I wanted the repo local so as to negate any network variances. What I found was that using the cvs_acls.pl script makes *almost* no difference in the time it takes to commit. I first did a 'cvs commit -m ""' both with and without ACLs. Both took 1.5 seconds to commit the 500 changed files. I then did this: find -type f -maxdepth 1 -exec cvs commit -m "" {} \; This took significantly longer. With ACLs (several tries with various complex rules), it took 8min35sec +/- 2 sec. Without ACLs, it took 8min30sec +- 2 sec That means that it took roughly 1.03 seconds to commit a single file with the ACL script and 1.02 seconds without. Are you sure that this isn't a network related issue? -- Kurt Granroth | http://www.granroth.org KDE Developer/Evangelist | SuSE Labs Open Source Developer granroth@kde.org | granroth@suse.com KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop