List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    How to distribute kdedb plugins
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-28 13:58:39

  I'm really wondering how kdedb plugins will be distributed.  I think it's
crazy to have kdelibs depend on various databases now too.  Yet some people
will want it to work with their database.   Maybe does it make sense to ship
the actual source for the plugins and a Makefile in the binary packages and
allow the user to generate plugins as needed?  I've seen something like this
done before but I can't remember where now.  It really wouldn't be fun to
have to download kdelibs source after installing a binary kdelibs packages
just so you can compile a kdedb plugin.

--

George Staikos