List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-DB enabled in CVS
From:       Mike Richardson <mike () quaking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-03-28 12:38:08

On Wednesday 28 March 2001 10:19, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 09:31:20AM +0100, Mike Richardson wrote:
> > Is there a policy on this sort of requirement? Clearly the MySQL plugin
> > needs MySQL but you'd hardly bundle that into KDE :-) But the XBase
> > plugin gives database access with no extra user setup. xbsql could be
> > bundled up in the plugin, but what about libxbase?
>
> I'd be inclined to say, put the plugin in kdedb.  Me, I'd prefer all the
> kdedb plugins to be in their own module.  But I don't see a huge problem
> with including plugins in kdelibs as long as they're properly controlled
> by configure.in.in.

Agreed, but I was thinking more about libxbase and libxbsql. The latter I
wrote (with support from theKompany) so can just be some code in with the
KDE-DB xbase plugin, but libxbase? Including this as "part" of KDE gives an
out-of-the-box setup free database. OTOH libxbase doesn't feel like KDE code;
kdesupport perhaps?

> - alex

Regards
Mike