1. I'd like to have a KPart loaded when audiocd:/ is requested. I can't do this based on mimetype because audiocd:/ has a type of 'directory'. Is there a way to load a part based on URL ? The other tricky part is that the part must not be loaded if a filename is specified, e.g. audiocd:/track01.wav 2. KIO's filter mechanism seems to be designed specifically for decompression of specific mimetypes. I'd like to compress data, but the codec is selected by the user and obviously I don't want it to be used every time they try to open a WAV file. Any ideas ? Rik