On Monday 26 March 2001 14:15, Harri Porten wrote: > George Staikos wrote: > > in mcop/object.cc there is a > > > > class Arts::ObjectInternalData { > > public: > > struct MethodTableEntry { > > union { > > X; > > Y; > > Z; > > }; > > } > > } > > > > This does not compile for me. However removing the union makes it > > compile. The compile error says that items inside the union are > > inaccessible. According to my C++ book, anonymous unions as such should > > be ok. Everything looks public enough to me. Anyhow, commenting out the > > union makes it work fine. However I don't know if this raises BC issues, > > and of course it's not an ideal solution at that. What to do? > > Do you use gcc from CVS ? Then update since today's version solved the > problem for me (see kde-cvs, not perfect but slightly better suited for > compiler bugs than kde-core-devel). I figured it was a gcc bug. I'm not using cvs gcc but I might have to update soon I guess. Thanks. -- George Staikos