List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig problem
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-03-21 17:14:15

> At least it did not strip white space between keyword and the equal sign.
> I added stripping of whitespace at the front and between keyword and equal
> sign after 2.1 was released to parseSingleConfigFile(), this makes it
> better usable with hand written config files.
> So the patch doesn't help, and I really think it's a feature and the space
> should be stripped.

Great, just don't change the value the user entered. The GUI should place
quotes around the value if you really think stripping is needed.

There is one rule that goes beyond your resoning: "the user is always right"
So; never correct the input of a user. (notable exception is when the input
is _used_ by a program)

--
Thomas