List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.1.1 release on its way
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-20 16:39:48

On Tuesday 20 March 2001 17:13, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 March 2001 16:36, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 March 2001 16:18, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > e not available in the locolor theme.
> > > Looks pretty ugly here in university. I would simply convert the
> > > hicolor versions and commit them in the evening, if that's ok (I think
> > > it's three konq icons and 4 kicker icons).
> >
> > At least to me this seems to be ok.
>
> So it's ok as it is ? Tell me before I package kdebase :)
>
> > BTW: Due to the fact that kdelibs and kdebase have become
> > a lot larger recently I'd like to move some art-related stuff for KDE
> > 2.2: The locolor-iconset and some themes  should go into a new
> > module which should contain some basic/excellent themes,
> > wallpapers etc. (name: kdeplus, kdeextra, kdeartwork or whatever).
> > Any opinions?
>
> Can you give some data ? How big is the locolor-iconset ?
> How big would the module approximately be ?

kdelibs and kdebase together take about 13.5 MB as a tar-ball.
by moving the Eclipse and McBreizh-Theme and the
locolor-icons (about 250K) into a separate module we could easily
save the user from being forced to download 1MB of data
which might be useless to him. Perhaps we could even save
another 1MB concerning artwork by taking further actions.
I'll probably look into that during/after CeBit.

Putting the rather optional artwork into a separate module
(together with some further wallpapers, icons etc.) seems to be
a good solution to me. People who need locolor-icons or want
some further excellent/basic themes to play with can still
download the kde-extra-package if they want to.

Greetings,
Tackat