List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: IPv6 -- we're almost there
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () mail ! com>
Date:       2001-03-13 0:29:24

Waldo Bastian wrote:

 > On Monday 12 March 2001 15:02, Thiago Macieira wrote:
 >
 >> Meanwhile, I've found a bug in KURL, when an URL with brackets is given
 >> (e.g., http://[::1]). It will parse the URL correctly, but
 >> KURL::prettyURL won't include the brackets. The following patch fixes
 >> it, but the solution is not "elegant". Should I commit it anyways?
 >

 > Well, yes, since we have to keep BC it's hard to come up with an
'elegant'
 > solution. KURL::url() had a similair workaround, I have added the
same thing
 > for prettyURL().

Another solution I had thought of was to make it check for all the
characters that need to be enclosed in brackets, which includes the ':'
character. Since I don't have that list, I didn't implement that.

That could also be set to a new bool in this->d.

BTW, in regards to your solution, '[' + m_strHost + ']' requires more
code than doing += for each element. Unless I'm wrong, that will require
two temporary QStrings to be created and destroyed.

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
  thiagom@mail.com talha@geocities.com

54/388. Let's make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise. --
Capt. Picard, "Yesterday's Enterprise"