List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Can we drop KWrite ?
From:       Simon Hausmann <sh () caldera ! de>
Date:       2001-03-12 19:35:34

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 06:05:04PM +0100, Cullmann Christoph wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just created a Kant Part, which has the same features as the old
> kwrite part !
> Now the only reason for having the old kwrite stuff in kant, the kwrite part,
> is away.
> Is there any problem to drop the KWrite stuff ?
> Please send me comments or "No don't do it" ;)
> Will do nothing until it I get a "Yes".

Whichever is going to happen, please do not remove the kwrite.desktop files
or the kwrite binary (provide a wrapper or something) . I'm sure quite some
people have .desktop files on their desktop or have scripts in which they
call kwrite. Or maybe some users without even knowing, like for example
if they moved kwrite to another k submenu using kmenuedit and thus have
a local kwrite.desktop in $KDEHOME. They would probably get somewhat
confused when upgrading to KDE 2.2 and seeing their menu entry not
working anymore.

IMHO

Bye,
 Simon