List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: fun with uic
From:       Malte.Starostik () t-online ! de (Malte Starostik)
Date:       2001-03-07 19:04:47

Am Mittwoch,  7. März 2001 19:04 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 06:29:44PM +0100, Malte Starostik wrote:
> > long as the KDE widgets are not used or specified as custom widgets, so a
> > uic/designer that does not link to KDE can grok the files. I can't see
> > any problem if that is done in kdelibs too, a non-KDE uic will always be
> > available as kdelibs requires a working Qt, no?
>
> kdelibs require a working qt, uic requires working kdelibs (when compiled
> with -kde). So if you use -kde, you have to build qt, then kdelibs, then
> qt/tools/designer, then the other kde-packages.
>
> This won't work if kdelibs already require a uic.
Or: build Qt without -kde, build kdelibs, reconfigure Qt with -kde and
recompile the designer and uic.
IMNSHO the -kde option for Qt is a Bad Thing anyway, as it causes trouble
when you publish .ui files that require a -kde designer but don't clearly
state that.
I was thinking of a much more flexible approach, that lets designer and uic
dlopen some meta library that contains information about a widget set (such
as kdeui) instead of "hardcoded" KDE support. But that's vapourware. For now
I clearly vote for not configuring Qt with -kde so that .ui in kdelibs are no
problem.
-Malte