List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: fun with uic
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-07 13:07:17

On Wednesday 07 March 2001 07:50, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> kdeprint is being rewritten, and if it poses a problem to have ui files,
> just tell me and I'll write my dialogs by hand. BUT if it's possible, I
> would prefer to keep them (I don't know if you had a look at the dialogs in
> this library, but some are quite complex, and it's easier to design and
> maintain them with uic).

Hmmm... Solution is simple, I believe, and writing dialogs by hand is so ...
not-modern :-)  (coming from a guy that writes all his dialogs by hand ... :-)

KDE at a given moment relies on the given qt-copy. UIC of a given qt doesn't
change over time. Thus, regenerating the sources (on your home machine) each
time we change qt should suffice.

Then the make process uses the generated files. But let the uic files in the
CVS, not used in the building, and add a readme item somewhere explaining to
adventurous people who compile with different qt's to check if regenerating
sources would help be that compiling errors occur.

CT