List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: 2 problems while developing for KDE]
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-03-06 8:40:52

Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Mär 2001, Michael Goffioul wrote:
>
> > QObject::connect: No such slot KMWClass::cleanupEventFilter()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
> >
> > But I don't make my self this connection. So I don't know where it
> > comes from.
>
> are you installing an event filter ? try adding a Q_OBJECT macro to the
> super class.

I don't install anything, the word "cleanupEventFilter" doesn't appear at
all in my code, that's why it's strange to get this error. Anyway adding the
Q_OBJECT macro solves the problem.

> > 2) Can't use KMainWindow as child widget
>
> by purpose. that class is meant as a toplevel widget.

I know that. The fact is that I wrote a widget for a specific task: it inherits
KMainWIndow, defines actions and a toolbar. And I'd like to use this widget
as is either in a standalone application, or in a tab widget in another application.
On the first hand, it would be stupid to write twice the same functionalities,
and on the other hand, it would be sad not being able to use all the features
of the KMainWindow class and having to recode stuffs related to actions and
toolbars.
What's strange is that it works OK as long as you don't insert the KMainWindow
directly into a layout.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul                IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be        (Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510          Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515          3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM