List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: nasty DCOPServer bug
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-04 19:40:31

On Sunday 04 March 2001 14:22, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Moin staikos!
>
> >   Nope... Still the same thing .  99.9% cpu for klauncher child process.
>
> what about attaching gdb ?

  I have tried many times but I haven't had any real success.  It seems like
it's in an infinite loop of some sort that contains no system calls.  When I
interrupt and try to get a backtrace it only even resolves at most one symbol
(a QT list symbol IIRC).  I also tried strace and it prints nothing while in
the infinite loop.  This is really strange.  Is there anything specific I
should try?

  Actually when I attached GDB I compiled with -g by editting the makefile
and putting it in.  I watched the output so it definitely compiled with -g.
Does libtool strip the binaries after?  I assume not and I didn't notice
anything to that effect....  I spent a good 3 hours on this but I'm stumped.

--

George Staikos