List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Error 523 in CVS?
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-02 19:05:59

On Fre, 02 Mär 2001, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Actually, reiserfs may not be blameless, here.  Last night, I had a
> catastrophic filesystem crash with my reiserfs drive (the same one
> that until two nights ago was NFS mounted) and lost everything.  It
> *may* be a hardware problem... but all indications show it to be
> reiserfs.

Well, NFS and reiserfs do not work together without the additional
patches.
there are also problems with software-RAID and reiserfs, but I think that
part is already merged in the official tree.

All those things are unfortunately very known, but nobody seems to care.
Linus is not willing to merge the patches as they're not as clean as he
wants them to be and a better solution can't be found without cooperation
with all other filesystems (as its the kernel NFS interface that is
screwed).

anyway, we're getting offtopic. above everything afaik and imho.

Dirk