List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New KDE printing system
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-28 19:31:05

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 02:39, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As some of you have already noticed, a new component appeared very recently
> in kdelibs, called "kdeprint". This is actually a new printing library
> which should replace the Qt printing mechanism and the current kprint
> library. The goals of this library are:

First of all I would like to thank you for the great work you are doing.

> The library is currently on the CVS, other parts (like KControl module and
> small apps) should appear somewhere very soon. I'm not doing it myself
> because I can't access CVS, being behind a firewall (with only HTTP proxy
> server). The rest of the message is a short explaination on how to use this
> library. The header files of interest are "kprinter.h",
> "kprintdialogpage.h" and "optionset.h".

We have to watch our namespaces a bit so maybe optionset.h could be renamed
to kprintoptionset.h? I have installed some additional header files in
$KDEDIR/include/kdeprint. They were needed by the stuff that I put in kdebase.

Also, maybe everything that is outside the KPrinter class could be wrapped in
a KPrint namespace??

Cheers,
Waldo

--