List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdeprint compile error
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-28 17:47:03

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 05:48, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> George Staikos wrote:
> >    With the very latest CVS as of right now, I was forced to run "make
> > kprintsizecolorpagebase.h" in kdelibs/kdeprint in order for that file to
> > be created.  Looks like it's not being generated automatically from the
> > .ui file before it's needed.   Likewise for kprintdialogbase.h.  Is this
> > a problem on my end somehow, or is something missing in the build process
> > for kdeprint?
> >
> > (I did a make cvs-clean before compiling....)
>
> Normally it should be created. However a (ugly) workaround is to enter the
> kdeprint directory and type "make HFILES".

   Yes, I just discovered that there is a circular compile issue.  The first
two subdirs require that make be run in "." first.  However "." requires that
make had been run in the first two subdirs first.  I think the ui files are
the only things that need to be run so perhaps there is some Makefile.am
modification which would fix this?

--

George Staikos